Monday, September 12, 2011

September 10, 2011 Southern Taiwan. A Mountain Breeze

Mountain Breeze________ Thank God for my Guide

We ate in the clouds        as the Eagle and the Wheat Chaff joined the the wind for a midday dance.
                                           Eagle to Hunt                Chaff        to be.

A lunch gathering of 20 or so in the jungle mountains after a morning swim in the waterfall pool.

The language I hear: voices- chattering music spiced with laughter...  only in the laughter do I understand with my ears.

The language of smiles and faces flashing with animation, the sort that can only come from excitement and freedom-  that I understand     and it is as filling and refreshing to my soul as the mountain breeze is to my body.

A mountain breeze never felt so good than after an ascension from days in a valley of humidity- thick as soup.  The valley's air below from whence we came is congested with people- working amid scooter exhaust.

Go and find your own jungle mountain with a waterfall for swimming and a breeze to sooth you as you eat and laugh some afternoon.  Go and find it while you are still breathing- maybe I will meet you there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment